The evaluation will be conducted with high transparency during the review process. There will be a preliminary evaluation phase, where all the submitted ideas/designs will be shortlisted. This phase will be determined by the community votes received by the end of the preliminary evaluation phase.
The nine finalists awards will be drawn by the judges from the top 50 ideas/designs selected during the preliminary evaluation. Three community voting awards as well as six expert voting awards.
The assessment criteria for Make A Difference will be based on a total weighted scale of 100, as well as on the following attributes :
- Impact level: How much impact does/would the proposed idea/design have in its categories? (30%)
- Creativity: The following are the indicators that will be used to evaluate the creativeness of the idea/design; originality; valuable; logical; correctness, and usefulness. (30%)
- Manufacturability in a FabLab: Is it feasible to manufacture the proposed idea by the means of a FabLab, (3D printer, laser cutter, CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, and other standard tools (chop saw, drill press, battery drill, etc.)? (20%)
- Affordability: How economical or cost effective is the cost of production for the proposed idea/design? (10%)
- Accessibility: How accessible are the material resources needed to develop the proposed idea/design? (10%)