FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
About Make A Difference
- What is Make a Difference? Make a Difference is the theme for the inaugural Idea Challenge organized by the Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg, and the Arab German Young Academy. Its main purpose is to spur creativity, encourage openness and knowledge sharing between all innovation stakeholders.
- Who can participate? As stated in earlier sections, Make a difference is opened to everyone. However, all participants must be at least 18 years old.
- What do I need to participate? Are you excited about participating? So are we! In order to participate, you need to ensure the following:
What will it cost to participate?
- Your ideas/designs gets to us before the 1st of June 2017
- Your ideas are uploaded in the specified format (sketches with short descriptions, 3D models, and videos)
- Who says you cannot win? You should have an international passport at hand
- Most importantly, you must be fun loving and also have a CAN DO attitude
Make A Difference is totally free.
- What happens to my idea? As indicated earlier, Make A Difference will be based on the Creative Commons licence. So does all ideas/designs submitted to the challenge. Please read the challenge's terms and conditions.
- What is the creative common Licence? A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of an otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created (Wikipedia).
Registration and Submission
- How do I submit an idea? Submit your idea via www.make-a-difference.info. Let us know if you have trouble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My confirmation email to register on make-a-difference hasn’t arrived. First, please check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, try the sign up process again and let us know if you still have problems by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Help! I forgot my password. This could happen to anyone. Click here to get a new one.
- Can I cancel or withdraw my submission? Even though this is not what we would like to hear, but whatever the reason for wanting to withdraw is, yes you can cancel or withdraw your submission by sending us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I deactivate my profile? We hope that you enjoyed being part of the community while you were here. You can delete your profile by hitting the Edit Profile button there and then clicking the Delete button. Please note that your previous comments and contributions will still appear anonymously, under our An Old Friend profile.
'Best Collaborator' Award
- Who is a 'Best Collaborator?' A best collaborator is someone chosen based on the significance of his/her comments and contributions on other submissions. So in case your idea is not selected, you could still get an opportunity to participate in the development workshop in October by making helpful comments on other ideas.
- Who selects the 'Best Collaborator'? The Best collaborator will be selected by the ‘Make A Difference's’ team.
- When will the selected individual ('Best Collaborator') be notified? The winner of the best collaborator award will be announced the same time the 9 finalists are announced.
- Can a finalist also be selected as the best collaborator? No, the aim of the best collaborator award is to also give opportunity to other unselected participants.
STAY IN TOUCH
- I’ve taken a Make-a-difference idea out into the world, where can I share it? Share your story with us on Facebook or Twitter, shoot us an email at email@example.com, or if you’re in the mood to write, create an impact story in the challenge it relates to.
- How can I keep up to date on what’s new on Make-a-difference? We always announce the launch of new challenges and initiatives to our community. If you haven't already, sign up and create a profile to learn about new challenges.
- Will Make-a-difference ever share my email address? No, we will not share your email address without your permission, for instance, in the case that a challenge sponsor wants to get in touch with you about creating further impact with your idea.
- How can I report abuse? If you see a contribution or comment that you think crosses a line, please hit the red Report button next to the entry. If you’re concerned about something more significant, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HAVE A DIFFERENT QUESTION?
- What if my question isn’t answered here? Just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.